Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I've Got To Stop Sleeping All Day



I know it sound awful but for the last 10 days I've LITERALLY been sleeping the entire day. I often use the excuse of working at a nightclub and going out on my night's off but really that's not the case.

4-5 nights a week I work until shortly after 3 meaning I can easily make it home by 3:45. A smart person would normally head right home but not me, oh no. I go get food, and gas, and sometimes just drive around listening to music. Often I don't get into bed until 4:30. By 4:30 most people would be drained... not me.

I tend to catch up on TV shows I've missed or... watch a movie to fall asleep to, get a glass of water, fluff my pillows, go to the bathroom and essentially putz around until I'm exhausted, smack my head on the pillow and pass out. It's 7:15am, the sun is fully out. FML.

If the average person needs 8 hours of sleep to function normally and be healthy then the best I can do is 3:15-3:30. How many people wake up and immediately hop out of bed, because I don't. No, I'll roll around, rub my eyes and tend to other things that need tending to in the bedroom for about... 20-30minutes. So at the earliest... I'm up at 4. This is awful. It needs to change.

I'm so sick of wasting the daylight and living in the dark. It's summer, the time for outdoor activities, health, sunshine and fun. So from here on out I'm making a pact to go to sleep as early as possible. I'm also making a pact to tend to the things that need doing at home as fast as possible and be out the door. Fresh air and physical activities will hopefully make it easier for me to get to bed at a semi-reasonable hour.



Britney Spears - Freakshow

Editor's Note: I'm 16 in that picture... 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment