Monday, June 28, 2010

Pennies From Peter Vol. 5: Pop Culture War Zone








Pop culture has always been a war zone for the famous. They are attacking an image, not a person who has worked their whole life to make their dream a reality. The reason celebrities can handle it is because they know their careers were built on hard work and ambition, not just talent. When you reach a point of public scrutiny you have already had a million doors slammed in your face. That’s the hard part. Reading about yourself in papers and online blogs about how much people disapprove of you and what your doing is only making them bigger stars...which is what they wanted in the first place.

Everybody wants to be Hollywood
The fame, the vanity, the glitz, the stories
One day I'll become a great big star
You know, like the Big Dipper
and maybe one day you can visit my condo
On a big hill you know, like 9 0 2 1 0

Just imagine my face in the magazine
People analyzing my look, my body or any plastic surgery
You know like the Big Dipper
and maybe one day you can shake my hand
on the planet Hollywood

You say I'm not underground
I'm rich
I'm famous, I'm vanish, I'm glitz
I am the story, I am the the star
You know like the Big Dipper
Sex, Drugs & Rock n Roll
It's over
It's over
I decide it's over

Everybody wants to be Hollywood
Maybe one day you can visit my condo
On a big hill you know
Like 9-0-2-1-0

oh yea


Madame Hollywood (feat. Miss Kittin)- Felix Da Housecat from Guy Sagy on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment