Thursday, May 20, 2010

Katy Perry, I'm Starting To Love You

So Katy Perry's new album is about to drop and already i've heard not one but two AMAZEBALLS songs from it. The first, California Gurls, was leaked onto youtube a while ago and immediately caught my attention. Katy's answer to Empire State of Mind is a summer anthem for the west coast, or anyone who loves to rock their daisy dukes. I'm lookin' at you Peter!

The second track to leak was sent to me by a friend. It's called E.T. as in extraterrestrial. This song has an amazing bass line and very ethereal vocals from Katy which did shock me. The song takes on an edgier, darker feel than previous songs of hers which is refreshing. I love the lyrics, the beat, the message. The whole song is so well produced and thought out, it's pure pop.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the album holds in store as I was never a big fan of Katy's



Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg - California Gurls

Katy Perry - E.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment