Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New From Miz Aguilera - GLAM!



So I got my hands on a leaked copy of Christina's new album and while it's no Stripped, there are some gems. Overally I find the album to be good. The few misses are an unfortunate consequence when you don't have enough amazing material to fill up an album and you just throw in some of your leftovers.

Having said that, one of my favorite songs is Glam which is reminiscent of Madonna's Vogue and ONJ's Physical only with a futuristic, darker feel and Aguilera's signature over-singing, which does take a bit away from an otherwise catchy and enjoyable song. Does this mean I think this song is as good as those iconic songs? No. But it pulls inspiration from them and turns it into a fun and enjoyable song.

While it may seem like I'm hating on her just a bit, in all honestly... she can do no wrong in my eyes and will be a guilty pleasure of mine for years to come.

Check out Glam below... the rest of the album is available for download on the interwebs... just be sure to buy it when it come's out June 8th. I know I will.





Christina Aguilera - Glam



Christina Aguilera - You Lost Me

No comments:

Post a Comment