Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pennies From Peter Vol. 2: Dusk and Dawn








I don’t really know when it started, but since I can remember mornings have always given me such a sense of joy. I remember waking up dreadfully early... like 5 a.m when I was a kid... sneaking downstairs and watching Monty’s Traveling Reptile Show. I was like, obsessed with reptiles. I ended up owning 2 lizards, 2 turtles a snake and a collection of frogs my sister and I caught in our front lawn?? Lol. Wow!

It seems a lot stranger when I say it out loud.

Anyways, back to mornings...

It’s actually very conflicting because of my love affair with the night. It's like the morning is my husband and the night is my mistress. They are both satisfying for different reasons. The night is exciting, glamorous, magical and the morning, when uninterrupted, is soothing, optimistic and calming.

The morning doesn't really effect the night... It's not like waking up early is going to squash your desire to go dancing later that evening. I mean you can always nap. A disco nap…like me… which is actually just a series of... really fast... blinking. But when you stay out really late spending all your time with the mistress…well the morning doesn’t treat you very well does it? You see? Doghouse.

Dawn and Dusk are like the love babies of Morning and Night. Twins, actually. The thing about Dawn and Dusk is that at the right moment for a few minutes they are actually identical."That time of night" as Leah and I call it. If someone was to keep you locked away without natural light and then randomly plucked you down at the perfect moment. You wouldn’t be able to tell weather it was the brilliance of the morning or the longing of the night. It’s so magical. The air is just like a blanket. Nothing chaotic. It’s like the moment when the whole universe collectively takes a sigh of relief.

So am I night time boy or a morning boy? Who knows? I think for now ill just live for the moments when you can't tell the difference.

<3 PB



Panic! at the Disco - When The Day Met The Night

No comments:

Post a Comment